Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Halloween Wedding? You bet!

Halloween Weddings and more...
I grew up watching my grandma make the most amazing and beautiful cakes I have ever seen. They took months to plan & design, Lots of time to make and when they were finally ready, they were truly a master piece. (I have to find a picture and post it here, so you can see what I mean). 
This tradition has evolved into a new era in Wedding Cakes, where its all about the groom & bride's personality, the funny, romantic or strong story behind them, or the hobbies they share, the sports they love, their heritage, etc. Following this thought and inspired in the Halloween season, I decided to create my version of Frankenstein & his Bride: "Scary love" cake topper, and unlike my grandma's cakes, once the party is over the couple will be able to treasure our sculpture as a wonderful keepsake.
  • Did you know? Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus was written in 1818 by Mary Shelley. As a reflection of her time, warning of the dangers of mankind's technological evolution during the Industrial Revolution.












The Sweet spooky couple comes with hearts that you can attach to them with glue dots (included).

Our couple sharing looks that bewitch ;-P

Last but not least, our loving couple in our cake prop.  I can easily see them on top of a super spooky wedding cake. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment