Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clay Cat Shop's Story

Hi! I'm Adriana, the owner of Clay Cat Shop. It is so wonderful that you are here! Since this is my first post, let me tell you a bit about us. We are an Art studio dedicated to creating art with clay. Our name is a small tribute to a very special and big cat, who was almost a dog and would "talk" to me for hours! ;-P His name was Merlin, and he stole my heart even when I am a dog person.

My love for clay started in Margarita Island (Venezuela), a little over 17 years ago. I had been working as a graphic designer for 4 years when I came across a box of plasticine and decided to play with it... little did I know that what started as a game was to become my life's passion and favorite art medium. To make a long story short I decided to take a sabbatical year to work on my art full time and I had one of the most fun years ever! My earlier work was very "island life" oriented and I went to sell my art in many beach shops around the island. My art is now all over the world, everyone was impressed and loved my clay illustrations of the beautiful Margarita Island. When my sabbatical was up I returned to professional graphic design and that's what I did up until last July when I decided to formalize "ClayCatShop" and make it a company instead of my life-long hobby.

Today I must say its been a great decision! I am happy and even though I still do graphic design here and there (I love to design and when a client comes to me in need of a corporate image I cant say no) I am working on my home based studio, spending time with my family and doing what I love the most: Playing with clay! =)  I can do anything in this marvelous art medium, but above all I adore "painting" with clay!!! I am actually working on a Gallery series to showcase sometime Spring 2011 =)

I hope you stick around and check with me every now and then... as I will be sharing with you once every 2 weeks what I have been up to and what are my new projects and plans!

Adri

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to support your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging, Adri! If you need any help with anything let me know.

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much Jo! =)
    I might take you on that! =)
    Have a great weekend!!!

    Hugs =)

    ReplyDelete