Monday, January 20, 2014

Life Force, the energy that drives us.

“...To maintain a powerful life force, forget yourself, forget about living and dying, and bring your full attention into this moment...” ― H.E. Davey, Japanese Yoga: The Way of Dynamic Meditation

Life Force - Polymer Clay on wood 16"X16" (40cmX40cm)

I believe that all that happens in our lives, all the experiences we encounter in our journey are there to help us grow, to become better human beings. Once we learn this, and accept it as such, we start thriving. The inspiration of this painting was born out of the necessity to reflect the beauty of this energy.

Ever since I started working full time on Polymer Clay I had been wanting to do one of my "Ciencias de la Vision"* paintings. It wasn't until last September '13 when I felt the need to do a painting that reflected life's energy & force, that it occurred to me this would be the perfect opportunity for me to explore this idea.

*Ciencias de la Vision, or Optical science, was a class I took while studying Graphic Design in Caracas, Venezuela. There, we studied and analyzed ways in which we could use the science behind the way we look at things, to our advantage as graphic designers.


Sketch book in hand, I started drawing modules, playing with positives and negatives, then designed a grid with a centric point & tested colors on the computer.


Once I was happy with the colors and could see & feel the energy flowing from the design, I painted the background on the wood with acrylics...


...and tested the modules on the board.


It was a long process that was interrupted many times due to client orders. One of my challenges was that I had designed this on paper, tested it on the computer, but when it came the time to make each one of these modules by hand, their odd shape made me think twice before feeling they were right.


“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

― Nikola Tesla

 Working on this painting was an addictive experience! Up until this point my polymer clay work have been very figurative and even though I don't see myself drifting from that style, I'll definitely  further explore this concept with clay.

Love, Laugh & Clay!
Adriana
xox





2 comments: