Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our Polymer Clay Catrina Nuestra Catrina Dia de los Muertos

As the Day of the Dead approached, I had to make time in between orders to finish my latest "Catrina Spirit", an Art pendant.


This is the third in my latest Art pendant series, "Spirit" in which the subject has something that complements its concept hanging from it.  In this case, Catrina has a raven, that holds 4 skulls.
 

Instead of doing my swirls and flowers with acrylics, as I always do, in this piece I used mostly polymer clay and original Swarovski crystals.


The original Catrina was the creation of the famous Mexican artist Jose Guadalupe Posada. Since then, it has become a symbol of the Day of the Dead celebration.


The Mexican seeks for, strokes, teases, celebrates the death, sleeps with him. Perhaps he is tormented by the fear of him like the others, but he does not hide from him or conceals him. With patience, contempt or irony he looks him straight in the face.
- Octavio Paz

 As we remember those who are no longer among us, lets do so with grateful and loving hearts.

xox
Adriana

No comments:

Post a Comment